News about Google's Open Source projects and programs.
3k followers 2 articles/week
Google Season of Docs announces results of 2023 program

Google Season of Docs is happy to announce the 2023 program results, including the project case studies. Google Season of Docs is a grant-based program where open source organizations apply for US$5-15,000 to hire technical writers to complete documentation projects. At the end of the six-month documentation development phase, organizations...

Fri Dec 8, 2023 11:53
Google Summer of Code 2023 Final Results!

On November 17th, we wrapped up our 2023 Google Summer of Code program where 903 contributors completed open source projects for 168 OSS organizations. This year 70% (628) of the successful 2023 contributors opted for a 12-week project, while the remaining 30% (275) completed their GSoC work over the past few weeks. That being said, many...

Fri Dec 8, 2023 11:53
Kubernetes CRD Validation Using CEL

Motivation CRDs was used to support two major categories of built-in validation: CRD structural schemas: Provide type checking of custom resources against schemas. OpenAPIv3 validation rules: Provide regex ('pattern' property), range limits ('minimum' and 'maximum' properties) on individual fields and size limits on maps and lists ('minItems',...

Thu Nov 30, 2023 19:19
Google Summer of Code 2024 Celebrating our 20th Year!

Google Summer of Code (GSoC) will be celebrating its 20th anniversary with our upcoming 2024 program. Over the past 19 years we have welcomed over 19,000 new contributors to open source through the program under the guidance of 19,000+ mentors from over 800 open source organizations in a wide range of fields. We are honored and thrilled...

Fri Nov 10, 2023 00:35
Open source PDKs joining the Linux Foundation’s CHIPS Alliance

In November 2020, we launched our Open Source MPW Shuttle Program to make it easier for researchers and developers to build custom silicon and to enable a thriving ecosystem around open source hardware. Working with our partner, SkyWater Technology, we released the first foundry-supported open source process design kit (PDK) for their 130nm...

Wed Nov 8, 2023 19:20
Project Open Se Cura Open Source Announcement

As AI permeates our lives, developing secure, scalable, and efficient compute systems is crucial for safe and trustworthy AI experiences. However, hardware advancements lag behind machine learning (ML) models and software development, hindering the deployment of secure and efficient full-stack systems. Furthermore, consumer demand for smaller...

Tue Nov 7, 2023 19:12

Build your own newsfeed

Ready to give it a go?
Start a 14-day trial, no credit card required.

Create account